Wi-Fi thermostat for radiator and underfloor heating systems
The COMPUTHERM E300 Wi-Fi thermostat can be used to control the device (e.g. boiler) connected to it and to check its current state using your smartphone or tablet via the Internet. It can be easily connected to any gas boiler having a two-wire thermostat connection point and to any air conditioning apparatus or electrical apparatus, regardless of whether they have a 24 V or 230 V control circuit.
With the help of the product the heating/cooling system of your flat, house or holiday home can be made controllable from any place and at any time. This product is especially useful when you do not use your flat or house according to a predefined schedule, you leave your home for an uncertain period of time during the heating season or you intend to use your holiday home during the heating season as well.
The thermostat is especially suitable for controlling underfloor heating systems owing to the connectable floor temperature sensor.
The thermostat has two potential free relays that switch simultaneously therefore it is able to control two independent apparatuses. The two simultaneously operating relays incorporated into the device ensure that the thermostat can activate or turn on or off a pump and a zone valve easily, in addition to starting up the boiler. Thus, using several COMPUTHERM E300 type Wi-Fi thermostats, a heating system can be easily divided into zones without a separate zone control system.
The COMPUTHERM E300 Wi-Fi thermostat is a more advanced version of the COMPUTHERM E280 Wi-Fi thermostat, with black instead of white colour, glass screen and an even more modern display.
- Temperature measuring range (floor and internal temperature sensors): 0 °C – 50 °C (in 0.1 °C steps)
- Standby power consumption: 0.5 W
- Temperature measurement accuracy (floor and internal temperature sensors): +/- 0.5 °C
- Temperature display accuracy: 0.1 °C
- Adjustable measuring range: 5 °C – 99 °C (in 0.5 °C steps)
- Switch sensitivity: optional ± 0,1 °C to ±1,0 °C (in 0.1 °C steps)
- Thermometer calibration range: ±5 °C (in 0.1 °C steps)
- Supply voltage for the thermostat: 200-240 V AC; 50/60 Hz
- Output loadability (K1 and K2): Max. 230 V AC; 8 A (2 A inductive load)
- Operating frequency: Wi-Fi (b/g/n) 2.4 GHz
- What purpose can the COMPUTHERM E300 Wi-Fi thermostat be used for?
The COMPUTHERM E300 Wi-Fi room thermostat has been specifically designed to control heating and cooling systems. The thermostat connects your smart phone, laptop or computer to the device to be controlled remotely. With the help of E300 you can set the temperature of your home hour by hour, and you can set and control it via the Internet.
Turning on and off the controlled appliance allows you to maintain constant comfortable temperature without suffering any unnecessary energy losses. This product is especially useful when you do not use your flat or house according to a predefined schedule, you leave your home for an uncertain period of time during the heating season or you intend to use your holiday home during the heating season as well.
The appliance can be easily controlled via the Internet or by using a touch screen interface, and its operating conditions can be inspected continuously. The thermostat is particularly suitable for controlling underfloor heating systems, thanks to the connectable floor temperature sensor. The thermostat has two potential free relays which are switching at the same time therefore two completely independent devices can be controlled, and a heating system can be divided into zones without a separate zone controller.
In addition, the thermostat is also suitable for controlling electrical and electronic devices which can be turned on and off by interrupting and resuming power supply.
- How E300 will reduce the total amount of your bill?
With E300 you can set your desired temperature for every hour of the day and night. This way the temperature in your home always meets your requirement. It provides comfort without consuming energy unnecessarily. It always consumes as much energy as needed and you can save up to 30 percent of your heating costs. In addition, remote control can also save energy for you because this way you can remotely turn off the device to be controlled when you are away then turn it on later.
- What type of appliances can be controlled by COMPUTHERM E280?
COMPUTHERM E300 type switching-mode room thermostat is able to control vast majority of the boilers and air-conditioning equipment available on the Hungarian market. It can be easily connected to any gas boiler or air-conditioning equipment which has a two-wire room thermostat connection point, irrespective of whether it has a 24 V or 230 V control circuit. In addition, the thermostat is also suitable for controlling electrical and electronic devices which can be turned on and off by interrupting and resuming power supply.
- Can E300 be used for air-conditioning equipment?
Owing to its characteristics, E300 is most suitable for controlling heating systems but it can also be used to control air-conditioning equipment. For controlling a cooling system the controlled cooling device should be connected in a way that differs from the method employed for the heating mode.
- Can E300 be used to control a heating system only?
No, the appliance is able to control air-conditioning equipment and any other device which can be operated only by its ON/OFF function. For controlling a cooling system the controlled cooling device should be connected in a way that differs from the method employed for the heating mode, according to the Instruction Manual.
- What type of battery / mains supply is required for the operation of E300?
Batteries are not required for the operation of E300. 230 V mains supply is required for the operation of the thermostat.
- Where can you buy it?
Search this product at our reseller partners. The list of our reseller partner is available at the following link: https://www.computherm.info/en/reseller-partners/.
- Where you can find the Instruction Manual of the appliance?
Instructions for installing and operating E300 are available at the following website: https://www.computherm.info/en/computherm-e300-wi-fi-thermostat/
- From where can you download mobile application of E300?
If you use an Android operating system you can download the application from Google Play Store. If you use iOS operating system you can download the application from iTunes Store. The name of the application is COMPUTHERM E Series.
- How many E300 appliances can be controlled from a single telephone?
The number of the appliances is unlimited. Every commissioned E300 appliance can be added to your phone application and can be controlled from your phone.
- Will several E300 thermostats used in the same flat disturb each other’s operation?
No. Each thermostat is connected to the local Wi-Fi network separately and this solution guarantees reliable and trouble-free operation of the appliances.
- Is it absolutely necessary to have a Wi-Fi connection with Internet access for using E300?
The appliance is able to operate with full functionality even without having a Wi-Fi connection with Internet access by means of the touch keys of the thermostat, but the thermostat can be controlled remotely only if it is connected to a Wi-Fi connection with Internet access.
- How can you connect the appliance?
For more detailed information please refer to the Instruction Manual of the appliance (https://www.computherm.info/en/computherm-e300-wi-fi-thermostat/).
- Where should the thermostat and its floor temperature sensor be located?
It is expedient to locate the thermostat in a room where you stay regularly or a long period of time so that the thermostat is oriented in the direction of the natural ventilation of the room but is not exposed to draught or extreme heat (e.g. sunlight, refrigerator, chimney, etc.). Its optimal location is at a height of 1.5 m from the floor level.
Using a floor temperature sensor output(s) can be controlled easily by the temperature measured by this sensor. On the other hand, with its help a maximum temperature can be set and the thermostat switches off the outputs when this temperature is reached. For underfloor and electrical heating systems this function can be especially useful for safety reasons. If you want to measure the floor temperature it is recommended that the temperature sensor is placed in short copper pipe and this pipe is sunk into the floor so that it can be replaced easily in the event of a failure.
- Can several floor temperature sensors be connected to a single appliance simultaneously?
No, only one floor temperature sensor can be connected to a single appliance.
- What should I do when the appliance switches but 230 V mains voltage does not appear at its output?
- The appliance has potential free (voltage free) output connection points therefore 230 V voltage normally does not appear at its outputs, it only links the two connected wires or disrupts the connection between them. If you want 230 V voltage to appear at the output of the appliance when it is switched off then you have to connect a mains phase wire to one of the connection points according to the Instruction Manual. Before connection the phase wire must be de-energized and the connection must be carried out by a competent person.
- What should I do if I am of the opinion that the thermometer of the thermostat measures inaccurately?
Temperatures measured by the appliance can be calibrated and the modified temperature values appear on the display. Calibration of measured temperatures can be carried out according to Chapter 8 of the Instruction Manual.
What should you do if the signal of your Wi-Fi router is weak and thus E300 is outside the range of the router?
- If it is possible, put the router closer to your E300 appliance. Another option is to place a Wi-Fi signal booster between the router and E300 to extend the range of the router.
- What should you do if you encounter a problem related to the Wi-Fi network?
If the appliance cannot be controlled via the Internet because the application indicates that the appliance is inaccessible and does not respond to the modifications then the connection between the appliance and the web interface has been interrupted. This situation may be due to several reasons. The problem is most probably caused by the Wi-Fi router being used. It is expedient to restart the routers from time to time by interrupting and restoring power supply. In most of the cases this type of problems is solved by restarting the router. If the appliance is still inaccessible at the front end after a few minutes have elapsed then it is recommended that the appliance is reconnected to the Wi-Fi network according to Chapter 6.5 of the Instruction Manual. If the connection is successful but the appliance is still inaccessible then it is recommended that the router is set to factory default, because it may occur that the device cannot be connected to the Internet because of some settings. While the thermostat is inaccessible via the Internet you can control it manually with the touch keys of the thermostat.
- How does this product continue to function after a power outage?
The appliance does not work without power supply but it can memorize the settings. If the power supply is disturbed (power outage), it is able to continue to function without any external intervention after the power supply is restored, if this option is chosen among settings (see Chapter 8 of the Instruction Manual).
- How is default setting of the appliance restored (reset)?
All settings of the thermostat, except for date and time, are set back to the factory default settings according to Chapter 8.6 of the Instruction Manual.